Sunday 27 November 2011

A big shout-out to my fabulous roommates!


I can't say enough great things about my truly fabulous friends Jason and Michael, who opened their door to me for the entire month of November -- the stressful interim period after I left my apartment but before my departure for Rome.



Their incredible generosity and support made it much easier for me to shift away from my old life and make room for something new. I have truly been blessed with fantastic friends.



One of the great bonuses of staying with J+M (and their roommate Anthony) was the immense joy I found in living with their two dogs: Baron and Murphy.

Baron is an adult; Murphy is roughly 16 weeks old. The pleasure I felt in coming home from work each night to their furry faces was remarkable.

I'm going to miss them all. (Oh, and to be clear, Baron and Murphy are the fur-covered duo!)

5 comments:

Susie L said...

I would say all of your boys, canine and human, deserve a shout-out! How wonderful for you to be in such a warm and nurturing environment at this time.

I am looking forward to reading more about the continuous adventures of Sandra!

sandrac said...

Thanks so much, Susie, for your continuous and very kind support!

Trekcapri said...

Hi Sandra, really good friends like yours can be difficult to find in our lifetime and when we do find them they are truly special. I'm glad you had such a warm and comforting time with them.

If I don't get to say this before you leave, safe travels and see you in Roma.

Annie said...

How wonderful, both the humans and the dogs. Safe travels to you....I know you must be so excited!

sandrac said...

Hi Annie -- yes, both the dogs and the boys are fantastic friends!

Kathy, see you Friday in Rome!